Have you all tried churro? A real home made churro? Well if no, you should try this one! If yes? That’s great! You might wanna try churro bites also.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp butter, diced
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125 grams all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 101 grams granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in heave bottom pot over medium heat
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, water, butter, 2 tsp sugar and salt bring mixture just to a boil. Once the mixture reaches a boil, remove from heat immediately, stir in vanilla and flour.
- Stir the mixture with a silicone spatula while running dough along bottom of saucepan to smooth any lumps and stir until mixture comes together.
- Transfer to a piping bag, fitted with a large open star tip and carefully pipe about 1 1/2 inches of dough at top to allow dough drop into oil.
- Work in fairly small batches being careful not to overcrowd.
- Allow churros to fry until golden brown and remove with a wire skimmer and drain on a plate or baking sheet lined with several layers of paper towels
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 1/2 granulated sugar and cinnamon. Toss warm, drained churros into sugar mixture to evenly coat.
- Churro Bites on the way! Serve with melted chocolate if desired.